This handler searches the followers of the configured account for a follower with the provided screenname.
By downloading this file, you acknowledge that you agree to our Terms of Service.
This handler gets the full list of followers for the existing account and looks for the provided user name. The usual answers are true (user is found) or false (user is not found), but twitter also has a system of rate limiting api calls. This can vary without notice. For more information on the rate limit, check here and here. If this record has been reached, the handler returns RateLimit.
How to create Twitter application
To fill in the necessary info values for this handler (consumer key/secret & access token/secret) you will need to create an application on the Twitter developer page.
1. Go to the Twitter Developers page (https://dev.twitter.com/)
2. Log in with the account you wish to post to Twitter with
3. Navigate to the 'My Applications' link (https://dev.twitter.com/apps)
4. Click on 'Create a new application'
5. Fill in the necessary information
- Name: Choose a name that will be easily identifiable (must be unique)
- Description: Give the application a brief description
- Website: A website URL will not be required for work with the handler,
Twitter requires you to at least put a placeholder url in the field
- Callback URL: This also is not needed for the handler and can be
6. Agree to the terms and conditions and create the application
7. Once your app is created, click on the application's 'Permissions' tab
8. Scroll down to the Application Type header and give the application
'Read and Write' access (click the update button on the bottom of the page)
9. Go back to the 'Keys and Access Tokens' tab and click on the 'Create my access token' button
10. After a few seconds, your Consumer key, Consumer Secret, Access Token,
and Access Token Secret will all be displayed on this 'Keys and Access Tokens' page
|Twitter Follower||The screenname (without the @) of the follower to check for|
|Follower Status||true (if the follower is found) |
false (if the follower is not found)
RateLimit (if the twitter account has reached it's rate limit)
|2||2014-1-9||Catches errors to handle rate limit. Note: All errors will be caught and returned as Failed--not just a rate limit failure.|