|Java Runtime||JDK 1.5||JDK 1.8|
|Web Application Server||Tomcat 5.5+||Tomcat 8.5|
|Web Server Heap Memory||Minimum 512MB (-Xms512m)||Minimum 512MB (-Xms512m)
Maximum 1024MB (-Xmx1024m)
The recommended properties can be added to the JAVAOPTS environment variable for the web server. If running a Tomcat server, the CATALINAOPTS environment variable should be used instead.
If running a Tomcat server in a Linux environment, the properties should be added to the <tomcat>/bin/setenv.sh file. Simply create the setenv.sh file if it doesn't exist, and ensure the file has execute permission (chmod +x setenv.sh).
- export CATALINA_OPTS="-Xms512m -Xmx1024m"
If running a Tomcat server as a Windows service, the properties must be added to the Windows registry. The recommended way to do this is to use the Tomcat Monitor application.
- The initial memory pool setting is the same as the -Xms property, so set this to 512 MB.
- The maximum memory pool setting is the same as the -Xmx property, so set this to 1024 MB.
If running a Tomcat server manually from a Windows command prompt, the properties should be added to the <tomcat>/bin/setenv.bat file. Simply create the setenv.bat file if it doesn't exist.
- SET CATALINA_OPTS="-Xms512m -Xmx1024m"
- If running any other web server, consult the web server documentation for setting Java options.
All Kinetic Calendar releases can be found on our release page (see related article).
Deploy Kinetic Calendar Web Application
- Move the kineticCalenar.war file into the Apache Tomcat webapps directory (/webapps/)
Navigate to the Kinetic Canendar Web Application
- URL: http:///kineticCalendar/
- Default configuration user credentials: admin/admin
- Optionally configure the applications data directory to store configurations outside of the kinetic webapp (this will make future upgrades much easier).