Users are individuals who can authenticate into the system. There is an interface directly within the Kinetic Platform for Users, but it may be the case that management of Users is desired without having to log into the platform directly. For this reason, there is an interface to Users provided by the default bundle. This interface provides much of the functionality associated with Users, including:
- Listing Users
- Adding a new User
- Importing and Exporting Users
- Updating a User
- Deleting a User
- Updating certain profile attributes
- Adding the user to teams and roles
There are two ways to add new users: importing and adding manually.
To import a user, a comma delimited file with all of the appropriate fields for creating these users must be provided. To determine the appropriate format and fields, you can export the existing users.
When creating a user manually, you will be prompted for the following fields:
- Space Admin (checkbox): If checked, this user becomes a Space Admin and can administer anything within the Kinetic Platform space you are creating this user in.
- Enabled (checkbox): If checked, this user is enabled.
- Username: This is the username the user will use to log into this space. note that when using kinops, the username must be a valid email address
- Display Name: This is the name that will be seen in assignment dropdowns and other places that use a user's name rather than username.
- Email: The user's email address
Profile Attributes: These are attributes that will be modifiable by the user. Any desired Profile Attributes can be added, but these are those exposed by the default bundle:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
User Attributes: These are attributes associated with this user that are not modifiable by the user. Any desired User Attributes can be added, but the following list are those exposed by the default bundle. Note that by default these are not connected to any data source that would provide a list of valid options (for example, for site).
- Preferred Locale
- Time Zone
- Roles: Roles are specially defined Teams that are used specifically for permissioning only. A list of defined roles will be provided as checkboxes to add/remove the user from the appropriate roles.
- Teams: Teams are groups a user is a member of, usually for purposes of organization or assignment. A list of defined teams will be provided as checkboxes to add/remove the user from the appropriate teams.