- Removal of Remedy for calendar configuration data - configuration is now stored on the web server file system.
- Adapters to retrieve events from multiple data sources, such as:
- BMC Remedy ARS
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Sharepoint (currently under development)
- Google Calendar (currently under development)
- JDBC (currently under development)
- Ability to define the color used to display events by event type.
- Ability to define filter value colors when filtering events.
- All calendars are public, however each calendar is configurable whether it displays in the caledar listing or not.
- Users cannot create/modify KS_CAL_Event records any longer, since this form doesn't exist with the application. The preferred way to create / update events is by using a click handler to open a URL that can do this work, such as a Kinetic Request form, Mid-Tier, or other external system. The reason for this change is this gives the ability to create/modify events in the desired system, which may not be Remedy.
There is no user authentication. Since Remedy is not required, we removed Remedy authentication. This will be addressed in the future, most likely a pluggable system where you tell Kinetic Calendar where it should authenticate (Active Directory, Remedy, etc.)
Updated about 1 year ago