By downloading this file, you acknowledge that you agree to our Terms of Service
Updates a Salesforce Opportunity record when given an opportunity id and field/values to update. The first thing that the handler does is obtain an access token using the inputted info values, which is used to authenticate the rest of the calls that are made. The parameter inputs are then used to build an Opportunity object (only fields that are not empty are included in the object) which is sent to the Salesforce REST API to update the Opportunity with those non-empty values. If the update is successful, no results will be returned from the handler.
#### Where to find the Client ID, Client Secret, Security Token
1. Go to Setup, which is in the dropdown menu under your name in the upper righthand corner.
2. On the left sidebar, your Security Token can be found under Personal Setup > My Personal Information > Reset My Security Token.
3. To get the Client ID and Client Secret, Navigate back to Setup and go to Manage Apps.
4. Create a new Connected App, and fill in the basic information for the app.
5. Check the Enable OAuth Settings checkbox and put https://auth for your callback url.
6. Under selected OAuth scopes, add Access and manage your data (api) to your selected scopes and save.
7. Your Client ID and Client Secret will be found on the app information page that you were redirected to upon saving.
|Opportunity Id||The Id of the Salesforce Opportunity record that will be updated|
|Opportunity Name||Sets the Opportunity Name field of the Opportunity record|
|Close Date||Sets the Close Date field of the Opportunity record|
|Stage||Sets the Stage field of the Opportunity record|
|Private||Sets the Private field of the Opportunity record|
|Type||Sets the Type field of the Opportunity record|
|Lead Source||Sets the Lead Source field of the Opportunity record|
|Amount||Sets the Amount field of the Opportunity record|
|Next Step||Sets the Next Step field of the Opportunity record|
|Probability||Sets the Probability field of the Opportunity record|
|Opportunity Name||Complex Opportunity|
|Next Step||Reach out to customer on phone|
ResultsThis handler returns no results
|2||2017-09-11||* Due to Salesforce requiring TLS 1.2, this handler is only compatible with Task
* 4.2.0 and above due to needing a ruby version greater than 2.0.0
* Update Salesforce API version from v20.0 to v37.0
* Updated to fully use the REST API (including authentication)
* Add more logging while executing
|1||2011-05-06||* Initial version. See README for details.|