Generically retrieves a Salesforce object given a type and an id.
Retrieves a generic Salesforce object given a type and an id and returns a JSON representation of the object if it is found. The first thing that the handler does is obtain an access token using the inputted info values, which is used to authenticate the rest of the calls that are made. The object type and id are then used to build a REST call that will be sent to Salesforce to retrieve the object and the results of that call will be used to return the JSON object as the handler results.
Where to find the Client ID, Client Secret, Security Token
- Go to Setup, which is in the dropdown menu under your name in the upper righthand corner.
- On the left sidebar, your Security Token can be found under Personal Setup > My Personal Information > Reset My Security Token.
- To get the Client ID and Client Secret, Navigate back to Setup and go to Manage Apps.
- Create a new Connected App, and fill in the basic information for the app.
- Check the Enable OAuth Settings checkbox and put https://auth for your callback url.
- Under selected OAuth scopes, add Access and manage your data (api) to your selected scopes and save.
- Your Client ID and Client Secret will be found on the app information page that you were redirected to upon saving.