By downloading this file, you acknowledge that you agree to our Terms of Service
Updates a Salesforce Contact record when given a contact id and field/values to update. The first thing that the handler does is obtain an access token using the inputted info values, which is used to authenticate the rest of the calls that are made. The parameter inputs are then used to build a Contact object (only fields that are not empty are included in the object) which is sent to the Salesforce REST API to update the Contact with those non-empty values. If the update is successful, no results will be returned from the handler.
#### Where to find the Client ID, Client Secret, Security Token
1. Go to Setup, which is in the dropdown menu under your name in the upper righthand corner.
2. On the left sidebar, your Security Token can be found under Personal Setup > My Personal Information > Reset My Security Token.
3. To get the Client ID and Client Secret, Navigate back to Setup and go to Manage Apps.
4. Create a new Connected App, and fill in the basic information for the app.
5. Check the Enable OAuth Settings checkbox and put https://auth for your callback url.
6. Under selected OAuth scopes, add Access and manage your data (api) to your selected scopes and save.
7. Your Client ID and Client Secret will be found on the app information page that you were redirected to upon saving.
|Contact Id||The Id of the Salesforce Contact record that will be updated|
|Salutation||Sets the Salutation field of the Contact record|
|First Name||Sets the First Name field of the Contact record|
|Last Name||Sets the Last Name field of the Contact record|
|Title||Sets the Title field of the Contact record|
|Department||Sets the Department field of the Contact record|
|Mailing Street||Sets the Mailing Street field of the Contact record|
|Mailing City||Sets the Mailing City field of the Contact record|
|Mailing State/Province||Sets the Mailing State/Province field of the Contact record|
|Mailing Zip/Postal Code||Sets the Mailing Zip/Postal Code field of the Contact record|
|Mailing Country||Sets the Mailing Country field of the Contact record|
|Phone||Sets the Phone field of the Contact record|
|Home Phone||Sets the Home Phone field of the Contact record|
|Mobile||Sets the Mobile field of the Contact record|
|Fax||Sets the Fax field of the Contact record|
|Sets the Email field of the Contact record|
|Description||Sets the Description field of the Contact record|
|Mailing Street||1234 Updated Address|
|Mailing City||New City|
|Mailing Zip/Postal Code||55555|
|Description||Test User started her position in 2011|
ResultsThis handler returns no results
|2||2017-09-11||* Due to Salesforce requiring TLS 1.2, this handler is only compatible with Task
* 4.2.0 and above due to needing a ruby version greater than 2.0.0
* Update Salesforce API version from v20.0 to v37.0
* Updated to fully use the REST API (including authentication)
* Add more logging while executing
|1||2011-04-28||* Initial version. See README for details.|