By downloading this file, you acknowledge that you agree to our Terms of Service
This handler allows you to retrieve a list of connections for your LinkedIn Profile. This handler uses the api/secret key and oauth user token/secret to authorize the users account so that information can be retrieved from their account. To get these values, you will need to create an application on LinkedIn under the account you wish to get connection information from, because these tokens are just valid for that specific account. Any errors that occur during the retrieval process will be caught and re-raised by this handler.
How to create LinkedIn application
To fill in the necessary info values for this handler (api/secret key & oauth user token/secret) you will need to create an application on the LinkedIn developer page.
1. Go to the LinkedIn Developers page
2. Log in with the account you wish to post to LinkedIn with
3. Under the 'Support' tab, click on 'API Keys'
4. Click on 'Add New Application'
5. Fill in the necessary information
- Under 'OAuth User Agreement' choose r_basicprofile, rw_nus, and possibly rw_company_admin (if you will also be using this account to update a company page as well)
6. Agree to the terms and conditions and create the application
7. Navigate back to the List of Applications and select the application that you just created
8. The keys you will need are found under the 'OAuth Keys' header
There are no parameters for this handler.
|People||This handler returns all the connections as a person node, which has "id", "firstName","lastName","headline", and "industry" nodes underneath it.|