This handler sends a start request to an AWS EC2 machine instance
The start_instance function can be executed against any valid instance in any state. When executed against an already started instance, the Previous Status and Current Status will both be "running".
|Instance ID||The instance id of the EC2 virtual machine that this handler will send a start request to|
|Previous Status||The state of the machine instance prior to the start request being issued.|
|Current Status||The state of the machine instance after the start request. The state will typically be "pending".|
|2.1||2017-08-24||* Update the EC2 gem to AWS SDK 2.2.34.
* Change Info Values to be more consistent with the other AWS handlers.
* Internal tweaks to make execution similar to other AWS handlers.
* Remove Request Id from results because it is no longer supplied by the AWS EC2 API
|2||2011-03-04||* Changed 'Previous State' result to 'Previous Status' to be more consistent with the AWS EC2 console.
* Changed 'Current State' result to 'Current Status' to be more consistent with the AWS EC2 console.
* Added comments for execute method in init.rb.
|1||2011-03-04||* Initial version. See README for details.|