How to restart a task tree after an error by starting from a specific node.
Sometimes, a task tree will error out, and there is no option (or no good option) to retry a trigger on the node that failed. In cases like this, you can create a trigger that will start at a node farther down in the tree that continues processing.
WARNING: this process may skip failed nodes that provide results used in nodes farther down the tree. Also, it has caused other problems with nodes not firing. This is not a supported procedure. If possible, the best course of action is to resubmit the request.
- source - Kinetic Request
- source_id - this is the submission Id of the request. Same Id that is used for searching on the executions tab
- task_tree_instance_id - instance id of the tree from the KS_TSK_Tree form in Remedy
- task_tree_node_id - name of the node you want to start on. You can use the id of the node with the number that is added to the end of the name.
- action_type - Root
- execution_type - Active
- Status - New
- assignee_group - Public
- Passing a Message to a Deferred Task
- How to pass a message to a deferred task from a Remedy form.
- Passing Results back to a Deferred Node from Another Task Tree
- How to pass information from one task tree to another.
- Versioning a Routine