This release is mainly to fix a few issues found after 4.2.0 was released.
|Web Application Server||
Tomcat 7.0 or greater
|Java||Java 1.8.0 or greater - either 32-bit or 64-bit|
The install files include both a stand-alone .war file and a full Tomcat to easily get up and running.
Kinetic Task can run in trial mode without applying a license. For production use please contact Kinetic Data sales to purchase a license or support to have a license generated for an existing purchase.
** IMPORTANT NOTE ** Kinetic Task comes with an embedded H2 database to make it easy to get started. This database is not meant for Production Use. Until you configure Kinetic Task for a there will be a warning message displayed at the top of each page, and a more detailed error on the Change Database console.
For information about upgrading the Kinetic Task application please use the Upgrade Process link.
4.2.1 Change Log
* KT-854 Upgrade Oracle JDBC library to Java 1.8 compiled 12c
* KT-853 Upgrade JRuby to 126.96.36.199 to avoid `attempted duplicate class definition for name: DynamicScope` errors
* KT-856 Upgrade Postgresql JDBC library to Java 1.8 compiled 42.1.1
* KT-855 Task API fails when updating task handler info properties with sensitive properties if the sensitive values are not provided.
Web Server Recommendations
|Web Application Server||Tomcat 7.0.77+|
|Web Server Heap Memory||Minimum 512MB (-Xms512m)
Maximum 1024MB (-Xmx1024m)
The recommended properties can be added to the JAVA_OPTS environment variable for the web server. If running a Tomcat server, the CATALINA_OPTS environment variable should be used instead.
- If running a Tomcat server in a Linux environment, the properties should be added to the <tomcat>/bin/setenv.sh file. Simply create the setenv.sh file if it doesn't exist, and ensure the file has execute permission (chmod +x setenv.sh).
- export CATALINA_OPTS="-Xms512m -Xmx512m"
- If running a Tomcat server as a Windows service, the properties must be added to the Windows registry. The recommended way to do this is to use the Tomcat Monitor application.
- The initial memory pool setting is the same as the -Xms property, so set this to 512 MB.
- The maximum memory pool setting is the same as the -Xmx property, so set this to 1024 MB.
- If running a Tomcat server manually from a Windows command prompt, the properties should be added to the <tomcat>/bin/setenv.bat file. Simply create the setenv.bat file if it doesn't exist.
- SET CATALINA_OPTS="-Xms512m -Xmx512m"
- If running any other web server, consult the web server documentation for setting Java options.