Kinetic Task 4.0 now allows your organization to easily add workflow automation to nearly any process from request management approvals to SLA’s to network alerts. Platform-agnostic, Kinetic Task can communicate with virtually any enterprise application, such as ERP, human resources and ITSM platforms through its open architecture. With Kinetic Task, enterprises benefit from a non-proprietary approach for centralized business process automation and service delivery management.
Kinetic Task 4.0 now runs completely stand-alone without any platform dependencies.
- Trigger tasks and workflow from your Remedy application, service catalog, Salesforce.com, JIRA ServiceNow or almost any other system
- Open architecture allows customers to extend our connectors (both inbound and outbound) for custom systems or tailor an existing connector to specific requirements of other applications
|Web Application Server||
Tomcat 5.5 or greater
|Java||Java 1.6.0 or greater - either 32-bit or 64-bit|
The install files include both a stand-alone .war file and a full Tomcat to easily get up and running.
Kinetic Task can run in trial mode without applying a license. For production use please contact Kinetic Data sales to purchase a license or support to have a license generated for an existing purchase.
4.0.6 Change Log
- KT-777 Add link to the run associated with the execution of a Create Trigger node.
- KT-782 Add link to child runs on the show Run page.
- KT-783 Add link to the parent run on the show Run page.
- KT-785 Add link to routine nodes that opens the task builder for that routine.
- KT-789 Add direct download link to the tash handler table.
- KT-792 Add ability to set default values for routine inputs.
- KT-673 Enhance ArsModels find to not retrieve VIEW fields (sometimes caused errors).
- KT-674 Enhance ArsModels find to not retrieve unnecessary field meta information (improves performance)
- KT-779 Enhance ArsModels find(:single, ...) to be more performant when the query matches multiple records.
- KT-768 Update JRuby version to support TLS 1.2
- KT-449 Tree return handler does not properly set loop index (requiring a workaround of using the create trigger handler instead).
- KT-730 Routines opened from a run error can't be saved.
- KT-731 Can't change a sensitive source property to the same value.
- KT-754 Can't change source properties unless all sensitive properties have new values.
- KT-752 Deferred results are sometimes not available after a junction.
- KT-760 License expiration sometimes prevents the loading of a new license.
- KT-764 Task visibility is determined at execution time instead of using the current value of the tree node.
- KT-775 Task routines can't accept UTF-8 encoded parameters.
Web Server Recommendations
|Web Application Server||Tomcat 7.0.54+|
|Web Server Heap Memory||Minimum 512MB (-Xms512m)
Maximum 1024MB (-Xmx1024m)
|Web Server PermGen||Applies only to Java 1.6 or Java 1.7.
Does NOT apply if using Java 1.8.
Maximum 256MB (-XX:MaxPermSize=256m)
The recommended properties can be added to the JAVA_OPTS environment variable for the web server. If running a Tomcat server, the CATALINA_OPTS environment variable should be used instead.
- If running a Tomcat server in a Linux environment, the properties should be added to the <tomcat>/bin/setenv.sh file. Simply create the setenv.sh file if it doesn't exist, and ensure the file has execute permission (chmod +x setenv.sh).
- export CATALINA_OPTS="-Xms512m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"
- If running a Tomcat server as a Windows service, the properties must be added to the Windows registry. The recommended way to do this is to use the Tomcat Monitor application.
- The initial memory pool setting is the same as the -Xms property, so set this to 512 MB.
- The maximum memory pool setting is the same as the -Xmx property, so set this to 1024 MB.
- The maximum permgen size must be added to the Java Options property. This field only allows one option per line, so add the following on the first blank line after all the other options:
- If running a Tomcat server manually from a Windows command prompt, the properties should be added to the <tomcat>/bin/setenv.bat file. Simply create the setenv.bat file if it doesn't exist.
- SET CATALINA_OPTS="-Xms512m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"
- If running any other web server, consult the web server documentation for setting Java options.