Table Names and Descriptions
- Stores the category values configured on the Task Admin Console. These are the categories seen in the Task Builder.
- Join of the KS_TSK_Task and KS_TSK_Instance forms
- Join of the KS_TSK_CUSTSRV_TaskInstance_join and KS_TSK_Instance_Messages forms
Contains one entry for each task handler written
- The primary component is an XML document (stored in a Remedy field) that defines the following:
- The questions that appear during task node configuration in the task builder
- The parameters passed to the handler code
- The field mappings between Kinetic and your destination form/application
- Contains entries related to the entry in the TSK_Def form.
- These entries define login parameters used by the task handler.
- Error situations caught by the Task Engine are written here.
- Task Engine processing creates entries in this form
- There will be an entry in this form for each task node configured within the tree
- Entries here can be seen with a Work in Progress status when the task node is configured as deferred. When the next trigger comes along, the task engine will change this status to closed.
- These entries will be created by the Task Engine based on configuration done on the Node element.
- Often used as an area to collect work info data from Incident or Change Request
- Useful for displaying nformation on the portal page
- Contains XML code to define the node list which displays in the task builder.
- A Task Engine instance flags a trigger as being processed to prevent other instances from duplicating the execution.
- Represents the relationship to the Task and Category. The relationship is maintained on the Task Admin Console.
- Task Builder stores the Task Tree to this form. The Tree is represented as one entry in this form as an XML document.
- Task engine queries this form to obtain list of processes to be performed
- If task nodes are configured as deferred, an event in Remedy will be responsible for creating the next trigger to advance the processing to the next level in the Tree
- Join of the KS_TSK_Trigger and KS_TSK_Lock forms
- These entries are created by the Wait task engine handler
- A Remedy Escalation checks the date/time on these entries to determine when to create a task trigger
- They are useful for reminders or to automatically cancel an approval after a set number of days.