|Service Item||Save for Later Example|
|KURL||Save for Later Example|
|Filter||Save for Later Def|
There are a few steps that need to be done to implement Save for later.
- Create a button that will be used to start the Save for Later process.
- Create a hidden question that tracks whether the above button has been clicked.
- Add a dummy or placeholder page that the process can go to if the Save for Later button is pressed. Use Page Branching (based on the hidden question described above) to decide if you go to the dummy page or continue processing the service item normally.
- Add a redirect to the dummy page, so it automatically sends the customer to a pre-defined page like the catalog portal or static intranet page.
Lastly, you need a way for the customer to get back into the request they have saved for later.
The easiest way to acomplish this is to make the service item require autherntication and then the link will show up in the web portal as "In Progress".
Remedy Workflow - You need to create a filter in the guide called KS_SRV_CustSurveyResultsJoin_RunCustomLogic - this guide is called everytime a page is submitted in both Kinetic Survey and Kinetic Request. The Run If statement needs to identify the specific service item, and check the answer to the hidden field that identifies if this request has been "Saved for Later". The action is Set Fields and sets the PageInstanceId to NULL, and sets the LookupValueId field with the customer survey instance id (this is the instance Id field from the KS_SRV_CustomerSurvey_base record). By setting the PageInstanceId to NULL, the request will open to the first page of the request. Setting the LookupValueId automatically fills the questions with any answers that were completed.
Implementation details for the service item:
- Save for Later button - Text Element - Park button
- Hidden Question - Page 1 (Initial Page) wrk Save For Later Sw, Page 2 (Content) - wrk Save For Later Sw
- Dummy Page - Page 3 - Dummy Page, page branching is on page 1 and 2
- Redirect - On the dummy page, set as a click event on a button so it is easier to see, should be moved to a load event
- Remedy Workflow - +KS_SRV_CustSurvResultJoin_SaveForLaterExample, the survey template instance id is used in the Run If, so if you clone the service item for yourself, you need to do a save as on the filter and update the instance id