The VMWare Adapter is an adapter that is installed into Kinetic Bridgehub that allows data from the VMWare VSphere to be pulled back using bridging.
Note: Check to ensure that this adapter isn't already installed into your bridgehub as part of the base installation before undertaking the installation tasks.
- Download the kinetic-bridges-adapter-vmware.jar file and it's dependencies here
- Put all of the downloaded files into the WEB-INF/lib folder for you kinetic-bridgehub installation
- Restart the tomcat that your kinetic-bridgehub installation is located in
|Username||VMWare VSphere username|
|Password||VMWare VSphere password|
|VMWare Server Url||The URL of the desired VMWare ESX server sdk (For example, https://vmserver.domain.com/sdk)|
|VMWare Server Url||https://instance.company.com/sdk|
Structures, Fields, and Queries
- Virtual Machine
- Fields are determined by creating dot separated strings of the properties from the Virtual Machine vijava object that can be found here.
- To find the name of the VM, the field will just be name because it is on the first level of properties
- To find what the current VMWare tools version is on a VM, keep following properties down levels until you find what you are looking for. Because the VMWare tools options is under config -> tools -> toolsVersion, the field mapping would be config.tools.toolsVersion.
- A list of common field mappings can be found below
Common Field Mappings
|Last Boot Time||runtime.bootTime|
|Number of CPUs||summary.config.numCpu|
- A query for the VMWare Bridge is built in the form of "field"="field.mapping".
- Different parameters will be separated by AND or OR (ie. "param1"="value1"AND"param2"="value2")
- Spaces are not allowed between the quotes and the AND/OR (" OR " is invalid syntax, need "OR")
- Can only use AND's OR OR's in a single query string (ie. can't have "a"="1"AND"b"="2"OR"c"="3")
- This is a list of the valid operators when building query strings
- Initial Version