The MSSQL Adapter provides access into the Microsoft SQL Server database. It is an extension of the Generic Database Bridge, and has been customized to simplify the deployment and implement MSSQL specific features.
Note: Check to ensure that this adapter isn't already installed into your bridgehub as part of the base installation before undertaking the installation tasks.
- Download the kinetic-bridges-adapter-database-mssql.jar file and it's dependencies here
- Put all of the downloaded files into the WEB-INF/lib folder for your kinetic-bridgehub installation
- Restart the tomcat that your kinetic-bridgehub installation is located in
- This adapter also requires that kinetic-bridgehub-adapter-database version 1.0.1 or higher be installed.
Using Integrated Security
In order to use the integrated security option (authenticating with the Microsoft SQL Server as the user running your J2EE application server) you must follow the steps below after deploying the WAR file:
- Determine if the JVM your java applicaiton server is running on is either 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Download the zip that contains the sqljdbc_auth.dll and copy either the 32-bit (/sqljdbc_auth/x86/sqljdbc_auth.dll) or 64-bit (/sqljdbc_auth/x64/sqljdbc_auth.dll) version of the sqljdbc_auth.dll file that matches the architecture your JVM is using to a directory specified in your java.library.path variable.
- Make sure your java application server is running as the Windows user account that you want to use for authenticating against the Microsoft SQL Server.
- Restart your java application server.
- Login to the bridge administrator console and change the 'Integrated Security' option from "No" to "Yes" (the Username and Password fields will be ignored now), set the Server, Port, and Database Name properties for your environment and save the changes.
|Use Integrated Security||Select 'Yes' to use Integrated Security|
|Server||Database server location|
|Port||Database server port|
|Database Name||Database name|
|Use Integrated Security||No|
Structures, Fields, and Queries
Structure maps to a Table name in the currently connected database
Fields map to the field names in the currently connected database and table
Queries map to the language of the currently connected database type
- Initial Version