The Chef Adapter is an adapter that is installed into Kinetic Bridgehub that allows data from Chef to be pulled back using bridging. The Chef software is used to streamline the task of configuring & maintaining a company's servers, and can integrate with cloud-based platforms to automatically provision and configure new machines.
Note: Check to ensure that this adapter isn't already installed into your bridgehub as part of the base installation before undertaking the installation tasks.
- Download the kinetic-bridges-adapter-chef.jar file and it's dependencies here
- Put all of the downloaded files into the WEB-INF/lib folder for you kinetic-bridgehub installation
- Restart the tomcat that your kinetic-bridgehub installation is located in
- Included with default kinetic-bridgehub installation starting with v1.2.0
|Username||Username of an account with access to the Chef Server|
|Pem Input Type||Choices for how to load the user's PEM file: On File System, File Content|
|Pem Location||A file system path pointing to a copy of the configured username's .pem file|
|Pem Content||The full contents of the configured username's .pem file|
|API Endpoint||Can be found in the URL (the whole URL up until the organization name) when viewing Chef in the browser|
|Pem Input Type||File Content|
|Pem Content||-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
For more information on how to get a user's private key (.pem file) from Chef
Structures, Fields, and Queries
- All the structures can be searched with an empty field set to return all possible fields
- name, version, recipes, definitions, libraries, attributes, files, templates, resources, providers, root_files, chef_type, cookbook_name, frozen?, json_class, metadata
- name, url, chef_environment, json_class, automatic, normal, chef_type, default, override, run_list
- name, versionRange
- All the structures support searching (client-side) on the text of the field values with the '%' character as a wildcard
- nodeName=name to search for a list of cookbooks on a specific node
- version=_latest to return only the latest versions of the cookbooks on the server
- No (server-side) querying available for this structure
- cookbookName=name&cookbookVersion=version are required to be in the query to search the recipes included in a cookbook
Pagination and Ordering
Not supported at this time.
This adapter supports client-side ordering of records.
- Initial version