The Amazon RDS Adapter is an adapter that is installed into Kinetic Bridgehub that allows data from Amazon RDS to be pulled back using bridging. Amazon RDS makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud.
Note: Check to ensure that this adapter isn't already installed into your bridgehub as part of the base installation before undertaking the installation tasks.
- Download the kinetic-bridges-adapter-amazonrds.jar file and it's dependencies here
- Put all of the downloaded files into the WEB-INF/lib folder for you kinetic-bridgehub installation
- Restart the tomcat that your kinetic-bridgehub installation is located in
- Included with default kinetic-bridgehub installation starting with v1.2.0
|Access Key||Access Key that is generated to allow API requests.|
|Secret Key||Secret Key that is generated to allow API requests.|
|Region||Regional endpoint to make your requests.|
Getting your Access Key and Secret Key
Structures, Fields, and Queries
- All the fields returned under the XML object for a DBInstance (found in the RDS API docs) should be available in the adapters response.
- ie. DBInstanceIdentifier, AvailabilityZone, Endpoint, etc.
- Can retrieve the free storage space available with the field FreeStorageSpace
- The valid query parameters consist of the request parameters found on the DescribeDBInstances API page
- ie. DBInstanceIdentifier=instanceId
Pagination and Ordering
Neither pagination nor ordering are supported in the adapter at this time
- Initial version