Kinetic Request CE 2.1.1 resolves a few minor bugs that were identified in the 2.1.0 release. Version 2.1.0 introduced powerful new capabilities that enables users to store and query for large datasets in a scalable, performant way via Datastore Forms. It also added a feature which allows form and workflow developers to evaluate exactly what's changed when an Update Webhook is called. Release notes can be found here.
New Installation Instructions
Install Links & Guides
Detailed installation instructions for setting up Kinetic Request CE can be found here: Kinetic Request CE Install Guide
Related Product Installation Guides
Typically, customers will extend Kinetic Request CE's functionality by installing the following components as well:
Kinetic Task: The workflow automation and integration hub for Kinetic Request. Kinetic Task helps business deliver approvals, fulfillment, notifications and other integrations to nearly any application. (Install Guide)
Kinetic Bridgehub: The front-end integration hub used to store and run various Bridge Adapters that will be used to access data from different systems and convert it into a single, standardized bridging interface. (Install Guide)
Kinetic Filehub: The file storage and retrieval hub containing various Filestore Adapters that can be used to access files from different systems using a single, standardized interface. (Install Guide)
- You must have a download of the new Kinetic Request CE 2.1.1 web archive (.war)
- If you are upgrading from a version before v1.0.4, please see the Upgrade Instructions from v1.0.3 to v1.0.4+ guide.
- If you are upgrading from a version before v1.1.0, any custom bundles that leverages the built in password reset will need to update their passwordReset.jsp to match changes in request-ce-bundle-base.
- If you are upgrading from a version before v2.1.0, please see the 2.1.0 Upgrade Instructions before proceeding as that version included Database Schema Changes which need to be made.
- Backup the existing web application directory (%TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic).
- Deploy the Kinetic Request CE web archive (.war) file.
- Copy the following directories:
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/app/bundles to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/app
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/app/root-bundle to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/app
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/app/shared-bundles to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/app
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/WEB-INF/config to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/WEB-INF
- Copy any non-standard .jar files to the tomcat shared lib (this is not typical, and only needs to be done if you've added custom .jar files to the application):
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/WEB-INF/lib/... to %TOMCAT%/lib
- If SAML is being used (and if upgrading from a version lower than 2.0.0):
- Find the name of the IDP file by looking for the security.saml.idp.filebased.url value in the %BACKUP%/kinetic/WEB-INF/classes/security.%SPACE_SLUG%.properties file(s).
- Copy the IDP files from %BACKUP%/kinetic/WEB-INF/classes/... to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/WEB-INF/config
- Restart tomcat.
|Resolved bug where improper authorization was granted in spaces that were configured as a Single Page App.||Display authorization was being ignored when displaying embedded forms/submissions when the space is configured as a Single Page App.
This bug was introduced in Version 2.1.0 and was would have only been an issue if the Single Page App feature (part of 2.1.0) was being leveraged.
|Resolved bug with spaces configured as a Single Page App where the location field under Space Settings looked empty even though it was set.||When a space is configured as a Single Page App, a "Location" field is presented to users under Space > Settings. This bug resolved an issue where the location field looked empty even though it was populated.||KCORE-2206|
|Resolved a bug that form developers experienced when using the Firefox browser to add choices to a checkbox/radio button question.||If using the Firefox Browser to add choice options to a checkbox or radio button field, an additional "empty" choice was being added. This fix resolves that bug for Firefox Users.||KCORE-2212|