New Installation Instructions
Detailed installation instructions for setting up Kinetic Request CE can be found here: Kinetic Request CE Install Guide
Related Product Installation Guides
Typically, customers will extend Kinetic Request CE's functionality by installing the following components as well:
Kinetic Task: The workflow automation and integration hub for Kinetic Request. Kinetic Task helps business deliver approvals, fulfillment, notifications and other integrations to nearly any application. (Install Guide)
Kinetic Bridgehub: The front-end integration hub used to store and run various Bridge Adapters that will be used to access data from different systems and convert it into a single, standardized bridging interface. (Install Guide)
Kinetic Filehub: The file storage and retrieval hub containing various Filestore Adapters that can be used to access files from different systems using a single, standardized interface. (Install Guide)
- You must have a download of the new Kinetic Request CE 2.0.4 web archive (.war).
- Update your DB schema for the keyspace used by Kinetic Request CE if upgrading from a version lower than 2.0.0. https://s3.amazonaws.com/kineticdata.com/downloads/kinetic-request-ce/2.0.0/schema.cql
- If you are upgrading from a version before v1.0.4, please see the Upgrade Instructions from v1.0.3 to v1.0.4+ guide.
- If you are upgrading from a version before v1.1.0, any custom bundles that leverages the built in password reset will need to update their passwordReset.jsp to match changes in request-ce-bundle-base.
- Backup the existing web application directory (%TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic).
- Deploy the Kinetic Request CE web archive (.war) file supplied by Kinetic Data support.
- Copy the following directories:
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/app/bundles to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/app
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/app/root-bundle to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/app
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/app/shared-bundles to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/app
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/WEB-INF/config to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/WEB-INF
- Copy any non-standard .jar files to the tomcat shared lib (this is not typical, and only needs to be done if you've added custom .jar files to the application):
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/WEB-INF/lib/... to %TOMCAT%/lib
- If SAML is being used (and if upgrading from a version lower than 2.0.0):
- Find the name of the IDP file by looking for the security.saml.idp.filebased.url value in the %BACKUP%/kinetic/WEB-INF/classes/security.%SPACE_SLUG%.properties file(s).
- Copy the IDP files from %BACKUP%/kinetic/WEB-INF/classes/... to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/WEB-INF/config
- Restart tomcat.
* KCORE-2031 Automated false-positive index entry repair sometimes removes the wrong index entry
* KCORE-2032 When searching, an empty string should be treated the same as null