New Installation Instructions
Detailed installation instructions for setting up Kinetic Request CE can be found here: Kinetic Request CE Install Guide
Related Product Installation Guides
Typically, customers will extend Kinetic Request CE's functionality by installing the following components as well:
Kinetic Task: The workflow automation and integration hub for Kinetic Request. Kinetic Task helps business deliver approvals, fulfillment, notifications and other integrations to nearly any application. (Install Guide)
Kinetic Bridgehub: The front-end integration hub used to store and run various Bridge Adapters that will be used to access data from different systems and convert it into a single, standardized bridging interface. (Install Guide)
Kinetic Filehub: The file storage and retrieval hub containing various Filestore Adapters that can be used to access files from different systems using a single, standardized interface. (Install Guide)
- You must have a download of the new Kinetic Request CE 2.0.3 web archive (.war).
- Update your DB schema for the keyspace used by Kinetic Request CE if upgrading from a version lower than 2.0.0. https://s3.amazonaws.com/kineticdata.com/downloads/kinetic-request-ce/2.0.2/schema.cql
- If you are upgrading from a version before v1.0.4, please see the Upgrade Instructions from v1.0.3 to v1.0.4+ guide.
- If you are upgrading from a version before v1.1.0, any custom bundles that leverages the built in password reset will need to update their passwordReset.jsp to match changes in request-ce-bundle-base.
- Backup the existing web application directory (%TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic).
- Deploy the Kinetic Request CE web archive (.war) file supplied by Kinetic Data support.
- Copy the following directories:
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/app/bundles to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/app
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/app/root-bundle to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/app
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/app/shared-bundles to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/app
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/WEB-INF/config to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/WEB-INF
- Copy any non-standard .jar files to the tomcat shared lib (this is not typical, and only needs to be done if you've added custom .jar files to the application):
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/WEB-INF/lib/... to %TOMCAT%/lib
- If SAML is being used (and if upgrading from a version lower than 2.0.0):
- Find the name of the IDP file by looking for the security.saml.idp.filebased.url value in the %BACKUP%/kinetic/WEB-INF/classes/security.%SPACE_SLUG%.properties file(s).
- Copy the IDP files from %BACKUP%/kinetic/WEB-INF/classes/... to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/WEB-INF/config
- Restart tomcat.
* KCORE-777 Added the ability to restore deleted forms via the Rest API (this functionality is not available within the CE Consoles as of this release)
* KCORE-1906 Implemented ability to calculate and pass displayable pages to client-side code
* KCORE-1896 - Added ability to use form('review') in server-side expression evaluation
APPLICATION STABILITY IMPROVEMENTS
* KCORE-1913 Implement ability to fix false-positive submission indexes
* KCORE-1904 Implement ability to do blue/green submission indexing
* KCORE-1916 Implement ability to rebuild the system submissions index
* KCORE-1917 Implement ability to check the system submissions index
* KCORE-1937 Implement 'include=values.raw' in order to provide visibility into malformed or orphaned submission values
* KCORE-1462 Updated K.field().setOptions.() method to trigger change events when invoked via custom js
* KCORE-1885 Rendering activity charts can cause the web browser to become unresponsive if there is a lot of submission data
* KCORE-1903 Updated K('form').previousPage() to respect the action.stop function when invoked via custom js
* KCORE-1907 Updated application submission logic to return an empty array for checkbox/attachment fields with no values instead of null to be consistent with other fields
* KCORE-1909 Changed application logic to not set Field Default value if the submission has not been submitted
* KCORE-1918 Incorrect cassandra consistency levels are sometimes applied (introducing the possibility of inconsistent data in extreme edge cases)
* KCORE-1919 NullPointerException raised by API when a submission has a malformed attachment value
* KCORE-1931 Fixed issue where custom tag libraries (app-taglib.tld, bundle-taglib.tld, and json-taglib.tld) failed validation when enabled on the web server
* KCORE-2012 Changes for KCORE-1586 introduces bug where bridged resources on submitted pages do not work properly
* KCORE-1979 Fixed XSS vulnerability in application error pages