New Installation Instructions
Detailed installation instructions for setting up Kinetic Request CE can be found here: Kinetic Request CE Install Guide
Related Product Installation Guides
Typically, customers will extend Kinetic Request CE's functionality by installing the following components as well:
Kinetic Task: The workflow automation and integration hub for Kinetic Request. Kinetic Task helps business deliver approvals, fulfillment, notifications and other integrations to nearly any application. (Install Guide)
Kinetic Bridgehub: The front-end integration hub used to store and run various Bridge Adapters that will be used to access data from different systems and convert it into a single, standardized bridging interface. (Install Guide)
Kinetic Filehub: The file storage and retrieval hub containing various Filestore Adapters that can be used to access files from different systems using a single, standardized interface. (Install Guide)
You must have a download of the new Kinetic Request CE 2.0.2 web archive (.war). Contact support if you are a current customer upgrading your application.
- If you are upgrading from a version before v1.0.4, please see the Upgrade Instructions from v1.0.3 to v1.0.4+ guide.
- If you are upgrading from a version before v1.1.0, any custom bundles that leverages the built in password reset will need to update their passwordReset.jsp to match changes in request-ce-bundle-base.
- Update your DB schema for the keyspace used by Kinetic Request CE if upgrading from a version lower than 2.0.0.
- Backup the existing web application directory (%TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic).
- Deploy the Kinetic Request CE web archive (.war) file supplied by Kinetic Data support.
- Copy the following directories:
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/app/bundles to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/app
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/app/root-bundle to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/app
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/app/shared-bundles to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/app
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/WEB-INF/config to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/WEB-INF
- Copy any non-standard .jar files to the tomcat shared lib:
- %BACKUP%/kinetic/WEB-INF/lib/... to %TOMCAT%/lib
- If SAML is being used:
- Find the name of the IDP file by looking for the security.saml.idp.filebased.url value in the %BACKUP%/kinetic/WEB-INF/classes/security.%SPACE_SLUG%.properties file(s).
- Copy the IDP files from %BACKUP%/kinetic/WEB-INF/classes/... to %TOMCAT%/webapps/kinetic/WEB-INF/config
- Restart tomcat.
* KCORE-1254 Ability to map LDAP/SAML attributes to user attributes automatically when users authenticate.
* KCORE-1677 Implemented Structured Logging which ensures that a log file is a preset, consistent, and in a machine readable format.
* KCORE-1757 Updated webhook calls to send webhook event meta data (Type of Event, Event Action & Timestamp)
* KCORE-1764 Added Profile Attributes as variables throughout the form builder for use in setting defaults, and in bridged resources.
* KCORE-1786 Added ability to restrict users that are able to login to the system and space consoles by IP Address/IP Range
* KCORE-1586 Fixed issue where users that had access to a submission, but didn't have access to submit the form could not access bridged resources.
* KCORE-1691 Fixed issue where users that had access to a submission, but didn't have access to submit the form could not access the submissions files.
* KCORE-1827 Fixed error with submission searching which sometimes returns 'Attempting to fill ... strand' errors.
IN-APP DOCUMENTATION UPDATES
* Authentication Documentation
* Submission Activity Rest API
* Page Navigation Rest API
* Me Rest API
* Updated user settings documentation when creating/updating a space user