Creating and maintaining list fields with both hard-coded data and dynamic sources.
A basic dropdown list can be as simple as hard-coded values or it can use a bridge resource to reference values from an external data source. The basic elements are the same as other questions, a Name and a Label.
Name - unique required internal reference for the question
Label - optional description for the question on the form
By default, the value in name is copied to the Label.
Default Values can be either hard coded or added from the dropdown list (Values, Form, Kapp, Space, or Authentication information).
Default values are also available from a bridged resource. A bridge with a single return qualification can be used to set the value. After selecting a bridge the resources are listed as Variables in the Default value dropdown.
The two options for adding options to a list are Custom and Bridged
The Custom option sets hard coded values that are maintained by the Form creator. Two values are needed, the Label or what is shown to the user, and the Value that is saved as the answer. In the majority of cases these values are the same, but you can set them to be different. Because they are often the same, the value that is enters for the Label is automatically copied to the Value field. Click on the +Add Fields button or press enter to save your list option. Once an option is saved click the blue pencil icon to edit (and green check to save) or the red x to delete. If you have multiple options you can drag options to re-order.
Choice of Bridged Resource for list options draws the options from a source outside Request CE. The source is determined by the Bridge Resource and the Label and Value are set by the specific resources selected from the bridge. Once again they are often the same, but are not required to be.
Set a specific set of conditions that will make the list appear.
Information on using Bridge Resources is available here.
Other options for Dropdown questions:
Display - Please see this section.
Validation - Please see this section.
Events - Please see this section.
Render Attributes - Please see this section.
- Form List
- Create Form
- Creating a new Request Form.
- Form Description
- Overview and other consoles containing detailed information about the Form
- How to use the builder to create and maintain Forms for Request.
- Form Details and Advanced Properties
- Create and Maintain a Page Object
- How to add and maintain Section Objects on Forms for Request.
- Text and HTML
- Create and maintain Text content and HTML content elements for a Form.
- Placing and Using Buttons on Pages.
- Checkbox Field
- Add and maintain a Checkbox field
- Date Time Fields
- Create and Maintain a Date/Time Element
- Radio Button Field
- How to create and maintain the details of a Radio Button field.
- Text Field
- Create and maintain Text fields for a Form.
- Setting the Visibility of fields and other elements.
- Checking for the presence of values/answers on submission of a Page.
- Render Attributes
- Add display attributes for fields and other elements.
- Form Actions
- Reviews available actions for the Forms.
- Form Types
- Create and Edit Form Types