Kinetic Calendar v2.0 provides some new features from Kinetic Calendar v1, and also some changes in behavior.
- Removal of Remedy for calendar configuration data - configuration is now stored on the web server file system.
- Adapters to retrieve events from multiple data sources, such as:
- BMC Remedy ARS
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Sharepoint (currently under development)
- Google Calendar (currently under development)
- JDBC (currently under development)
- Ability to define the color used to display events by event type.
- Ability to define filter value colors when filtering events.
- All calendars are public, however each calendar is configurable whether it dispays in the calendar listing or not.
- Users cannot create/modify KS_CAL_Event records any longer, since this form doesn't exist with the application. The preferred way to create / update events is by using a click handler to open a URL that can do this work, such as a Kinetic Request form, Mid-Tier, or other external system. The reason for this change is this gives the ability to create/modify events in the desired system, which may not be Remedy.
- No user authentication. Since Remedy is not required, we removed Remedy authentication. This will be addressed in the future, most likely a pluggable system where you tell Kinetic Calendar where it should authenticate (Active Directory, Remedy, etc..).