- How NOT to Communicate with Support
- How to Communicate with Support
- Troubleshooting Techniques - The I.D.E.A.L. way
- Problem Resolution
- The Real Problem Resolution
When contacting the Support team the number one goal is resolving the problem quickly so that the customer can continue with their work. If the Support team has all of the information that they need the will be able to resole the problem much faster. The Details that Support requires are:
- What is the Problem being Reported?
- What Application are you using and Which Version?
- Is this Occurring in All Environments?
- Any Differences between Environments?
- When did the Problem Begin?
- Were Any Changes made Before this Began?
- What specific Steps have you Taken to Fix this Problem?
Once these questions have been answered than the Support team will use the I.D.E.A.L method in order to solve the problem. The I.D.E.A.L method contains the following steps:
- Identify the issue
- Define the context
- Evaluate solutions
- Attempt a resolution
- Learn from the results
Using all of the information the Support team can provide a Resolution.