The following requirements must be met to upgrade Kinetic Schedule™:
- Remedy server version 7.0 or higher
- Java Development Kit (JDK) version 1.6 or higher - either 32-bit or 64-bit
- Java Servlet Container - Kinetic Data recommends Apache Tomcat v7.0 or higher
- Implements Servlet 2.4 specification or higher
- Implements JavaServer Pages 2.0 specification or higher
- Recommended JVM Settings
- Minimum Heap Memory - 512 MB (-Xms512m)
- Maximum Permanent Generation size - 256 MB (-XX:MaxPermSize=256m)
Before you begin with the web application update, make sure you backup the following files and/or directories:
- any custom theme directories located in the /themes directory (don't need to backup /themes/default unless you modified it)
- any custom language packs located in the /resources/lang directory
- the data directory as indicated by the DataDirectory property in the properties.xml file
After you make backups, follow the regular installation instructions. You can then copy all your customizations back into the new web application.
If you are upgrading from Kinetic Schedule v1.0, there are a few files you will need to update to support some of the new features added in v1.1.
If any of your schedules use a display page JSP file outside of the default theme directory, you will need to add a line to the JSP to indicate how hours should be displayed - either 24 hour or 12 hour AM/PM.
- 24 hour time format:
<% String timeFormat = "HH:mm"; %>
- 12 hour time format with AM/PM:
<% String timeFormat = "ha";%>
This line should be added directly below the line that defines the language:
<% String language = "..."; %>
- L.time_format = 12;
Calendar Configuration Files
The following calendar configuration properties were added in v1.1.0:
It is not required that you add these properties to each calendar configuration file in your data directory, but it is recommended in order to keep the files up-to-date. Please see the calendar configuration documentation for details about these properties.
Resource Configuration Files
The following resource configuration property was added in v1.1.0:
This property is required and must be added to each resource configuration file in your data directory, or your schedule will not load. You can simply add the following line to each resource configuration:
Please see the resource configuration documentation for details about this property.