Adding a Dynamic Text Element
Here is an example of a blank Dynamic Text element dialog:
To add a new dynmaic text element:
- Click the Add button on the right side of the Pages tab.
- Click on Add Text.
- Add a Text Label - must be unique for the survey template.
- Add the desired text into the Text field.
Help Text - allows you to add rollover text to your text element.
The Style Tab is covered in depth in the related article on question elements here.
There are a couple of differences for text elements.
- There is no Make Read-Only check box.
- When you click on the Add button, the Style Selector is set to HTML ID, and the only option is DYNAMIC_TEXT.
Events are covered in their own article here.
Add Dynamic Text
To add dynamic data from your Remedy system, use the following steps:
- From the Dynamic Text dialog, click on the Add Fields button.
- Select what field to add by selecting the drop-down list for Field To Add:
- Select base for attributes
- Select Question for answers from previous request pages
- Click the Set button to move the value to the Cut and Paste field.
- Either Cut or Copy the text into Note Text field in the position you want.
Example of adding answers to dynamic text:
Example of text in the Copy/Paste field: